Jenn Air Dishwasher
Jenn Air is truly a family name and it has been into manufacture of kitchen appliances, dishwashers and there is always something exclusive about it. Jenn Air Dishwasher has been designed in such a manner that there are no buttons, controls and knobs. These have been placed towards the exterior of the door and are not visible. Some of the unique settings on these machines are the normal wash, heavy wash, sixty minute wash and so on. The other choices include the steam cleaning, super scrub and the small loads buttons.
The method of loading the clothes is very similar to that of other washing machines. The Jenn Air dishwasher is equipped with a soap aid where you put in the soap powder. The amount of soap powder or detergent that needs to go into it would also depend on the quality of water and the soap that you use. Maintaining the air dishwasher is very simple and easy and you only have to ensure to remove the filtration system at regular intervals and clean it. Depending on how frequently you use the Jenn Air dishwasher, the filtration system has to be cleaned.
Choosing the right home equipment
There is a plethora of dishwashers that are available in the market and you need to choose the right one for your requirements after taking into consideration the budget as well. Many of the new flats are already equipped with the latest dishwasher and new home comers stick to it, without trying to find out whether it is energy efficient or not. Jenn Air dishwasher is one such equipment which makes the entire job simple and easy. If you are looking out for dishwashers that perform a whole range of functions, then look no further, Jenn Air dishwasher is the equipment for you.
The equipment also works efficiently without making any noise or sound. There are different types and models available like JDB3200 AWS which is equipped with Steamclean option. The Silent Pack 5000 is one such equipment which runs without making any sound. You can choose from the black and white version, stainless steel European style and so on. Many a times, you may not want to use the entire unit and in such cases the JDB3600AWS is ideal as it helps clean dishes of the top rack only.
This model also comes in white, black and oiled bronze colours. This model of Jenn Air dishwasher has LED controls which are sleek in nature and the model is also priced nominally from seven hundred dollars to one thousand one hundred dollars.The tub of the Jenn Air Dishwasher is made of either stainless steel or plastic. Stainless steel is resistant to hard water. Many of the dishwashers of today are sensor assisted and microprocessor controlled in such a manner that it saves energy as well as water. A child lockout feature is generally provided by many companies. Last but not the least; the silent pack technology is adopted by Jenn Air Diswasher.
If you just purchased your Jenn Air Dishwasher
For those who recently purchased one and they would like to install it, below they will find out the each steps they need to take.
1. First of all they need to gain access to the back of their machine and then locate the panel underneath which all the connections for the cord can be found.
2. After the screws have been removed, the electrical cord’s side has to be traced. The neutral wire is the one that’s covered with insulation, while the ground is the bare or copper wire.
3. At this point of installing the machine, the ground needs to be connected to the green colored screw and there rest of the wires connected to the lugs as following:
- The neutral goes to the silver colored one
- The hot lead to the brass colored one.
Because the neutral and hot wires are pre stripped, the individual needs to pull of the insulation off the wires’ ends where they’ve been pre-cut. Next, the access panel needs to be secured with screws. The cord will then need to be plugged in, according to everyone’s home configuration.
4. The individual will at this point need to find the straight drain pipe which is actually connected to the drain stub. The opposite end will connect to the drain’s curved part which is also known as the p-trap.
5. Making use of slip joint pliers (1 pair) , the individual needs to turn in a counterclockwise direction, the big nuts on the pipe’s 2 ends. The nut will then need to be pushed up on the pipe and then removed.
6. A new pipe will need to be fitted in, one that comes with 1 dishwasher port on the side. To tighten the nuts on the new pipe, they will need to be turned carefully.
7. The drain hose of the dishwashing machine will need to be fed through the cabinet’s sidewall.
8. The end of the washing machine’s drain hose will require to be fitted on the side port of the newly installed pipe. Using the slip joint pliers, the jenn air dishwasher drain hose’s spring clip ends will need to be squeezed together.
Water Supply Connection
9. The hot water shutoff valve will have to be located, by taking a peek under the sink. To shut off the hot water completely, the valve or the knob will have to be turned completely off, usually in a counterclockwise direction. The valve is usually found on the left side as well. In order to ensure that this operation was done successfully, the individual will have to turn on the faucet and see whether there is any water coming out or not.
10. The individual will now have to unscrew the faucet’s hot water supply from the shutoff valve, by making use of an adjustable wrench. The direction of turning is in a counterclockwise direction.
11. The shutoff valve adapter now connects to the valve, to the point where the supply hose was attached. By using the adapter, the individual will be able to connect minimum 1 item to the valve. The individual needs to use an adjustable wrench to tighten it, after turning by hand, the adapter’s fitting.
12. In the exact manner that the faucet’s water supply was attached to the supply hose, in the same manner 1 of the washing machine’s supply hoses needs to be attached to the other fittings on the shutoff adapter.
13. At this final point, the water supply hose fitting will need to be tightened to the water inlet valve by hand. Following this action the dishwashing machine will need to be fitted in the individual’s desired place and then secured.
Installing a jenn air dishwasher has never been easier and if people want to buy one and they don’t know how to install it, using the guidelines they found in this article will certainly allow them to have it installed in no time.
Pros of DYI:
- No costs involved
- No need to wait for the technician to come, if the matter is really urgent
- It can be done from the comfort of people’s home
Cons of DYI
- Incorrect installation
- Damaging of parts
- Efforts might be in vain if a step is not followed correctly